There are a number of business categories that are likely to be of interest to island visitors. Following are some not covered elsewhere that we hope will be of use to you.
- Need a copy of a necessary document, or want to send a fax without leaving the island? You’ll find this service at Abraxas Books and Art in Denman Village.
- Denman Island Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the later Spring, Summer and Fall months, you’ll find a wide range of fresh island produce, baked goods, gift items and more. It’s held on the grass field beside the Marcus Isbister Old School Centre at 5901 Denman Road, with the Island’s Recycling Depot right next door.
- Roadside Cooler Egg Sales. Charmingly old-fashioned and a Denman staple throughout the year, are the ubiquitous, brightly coloured plastic coolers you’ll often see at the end of a number of driveways throughout the island. Inside you’ll find the freshest of generally organic free range or free run eggs (chicken and sometimes duck as well at some places) keeping cool, along with a jar or box for your honour system payment. Watch for ‘Eggs for Sale’ signs as well.
- West Isle Farm at 2830 Piercy Road, near the Village, also has an excellent selection of fresh from the garden in-season produce at the Produce Shack during the Summer months (look for their sign at the corner of Northwest & Piercy Roads for opening details). Check out their Chuck Wagon for burgers & fries & other fast food delights during the Summer months as well.)
In The Know
- Hornby Denman Island Grapevine
- The Flagstone
These two publications, the first weekly, the second monthly, are your link to ‘what’s happening’ within the local community. You’ll find both publications generally available at the General Store.
Real Estate on Denman Island
When it comes to real estate on Denman Island, resident REALTORS® Don Luckett and Sylvie Schroeder are professionals who provide unparalelled local knowledge and expertise. For friendly and experienced help buying and selling property here, please contact Sylvie or Don.
|PEMBERTON HOLMES LTD. DENMAN ISLAND OFFICE||ROYAL LEPAGE REAL ESTATE|
|(beside Baynes Sound Insurance)||1066 Northwest Road|
|3646 Denman Road||Toll Free: 1.855.335.2551|
|Toll Free: 1.888.297.4084||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Email: email@example.com www.denmanislandrealestate.com||Web: www.denmanislandproperty.com|